We need more sustainable minds!
Sustainable Minds® is the first on-demand, Web-based software and information service providing a comprehensive system for companies to estimate, evaluate and track their products' lifecycle environmental performance – and to enable rapid iteration and comparison of product concepts in early stage design. Easy to understand and use, it is affordable for small and large businesses and educational institutions to develop skills and knowledge to grow revenue and markets through greener product innovation.
If you are looking to spend your time and leverage your skills doing something that makes a positive environmental impact, we want to hear from you. Sustainable Minds is a mission-based company. Do something that matters. If you feel you fit the requirements contact us at careers-AT-sustainableminds.com.
- Internship: Sales & Marketing – Paid, Full or Part Time
Do you care about sustainability?
Are you ready to spread this important message?
YES? Join us for the opportunity to make a difference!
We have a great paid sales/marketing internship for the right evangelist!
Sustainable Minds is a B2B cloud provider of environmental product transparency applications, services & data to help product manufacturers design & market greener products. Our Eco-concept & LCA (life cycle assessment) software for greener product innovation has been also adopted by a large number of leading higher education institutions throughout the world to help them create knowledge workers for the greener product marketplace.
The potential for you? This is a ground-floor opportunity to become a key contributor in a growing company by helping expand Sustainable Minds’ presence in higher education and business.
- Lead-generation via phone and email from our data and your own research
- Learn sales & marketing techniques, and how to help educational institutions and businesses as they navigate this growing area of focus
- Facilitate Sustainable Minds’ presence in social media and online communities
- Collaborate and participate in projects and planning discussions
- Must be a current student or recent grad from a Massachusetts college or university
- Passion for sustainability and looking for an opportunity to make a difference
- Natural curiosity about entrepreneurship, startups and growing a business
- IT competent. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with CRM, esp. SalesForce.com, desirable
- English ‘native’ verbal and written communication skills
- Fearless about contacting prospects by phone
- Organizational, communication and time management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Full or part-time paid internship
- Training in inside sales strategy, sales and marketing techniques and systems
- Training in the principles of LCA
- Great location: SM is located in the Cambridge Innovation Center. The CIC is a tech workspace that inspires innovation and community. There are kitchens with free fruit, food, coffee and drinks. You will also have access to Venture Cafe, the largest networking gathering in the entrepreneurial community in the Boston area.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LCA Dataset Manager – Full-time and Intern positions
Become a key contributor to the company. This opportunity is as big as you can make it. Starting part-time, 20 hours week, it can grow to full time. There is huge growth opportunity as the company expands its Branded & Private Dataset services. To be successful, you should be creative, organized, and goal-oriented with a passion for startups, innovation and Sustainable Minds' mission.
Data & content creation
- Work with our LCA Technical Lead and Data Services Manager to deliver data projects
- Define and execute data collection according to SM requirements
- Maintain the SM database which includes supporting customers in creating SM custom impact factors, writing and editing data descriptions, report content and technical information for documentation
- Build example projects in Sustainable Minds
- Manage schedule for projects, such as Transparency Reports, Branded Data, Private Dataset and LCA projects
- Work out project plans for internal and customer projects, organize meetings, ensure projects stay on schedule
- Communicate progress with the project manager
LCA consulting & project modeling
- Participate in the entire process of Life Cycle Assessment projects
- Communicate with customers to collect life cycle inventory data and use SimaPro software to model environmental impacts for related products
- Assist in training customers with LCA knowledge, ISO standards, project modeling, report writing, etc.
- Be a team player with your SM colleagues and our customers
- Bachelor's degree in material science, chemistry or related field
- Relevant work or intern experience
- LCA using SimaPro
- Strong technical and explanatory writing skills. Must be able to produce well-written and accurate summaries and technical reports in American English
- Strong communication skills
- Project management
- LCI collection and validation
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, preferable in direct communication with manufacturers
- Proven skills in team work
- LCA Technical Lead for data and LCA expertise and project service delivery
- CEO for general management
- Paid internship or compensation commensurate with candidate's skills & experience
- Office located in the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square
- Opportunities for advancement after proven abilities
- Innovative and mission-driven company
Location: Cambridge, MA
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Inside Sales Representatives
This opportunity has enormous potential as Sustainable Minds expands its sales force during our current accelerated growth stage. You will be a key contributor in this emerging company by selling software subscriptions and services directly to businesses and influential affiliate groups throughout the US. In a short period of time Sustainable Minds has developed an enviable list of national customers who use its SaaS application to rapidly evaluate the environmental impact of their products.
Sustainable Minds delivers on demand software to empower product manufactures to operationalize environmental sustainability in an understandable, empowering and credible way.
Starting with a large database of existing prospects, you will professionally deliver the sales responsibilities including initially contacting, evaluating, networking, demonstrating, reporting and, of course, making goal. You will sell into all account types including manufacturing, technology, education and affiliates while be comfortable talking to project management up to C suite level customers. To be successful, you should be success driven, organized, optimistic and creative with a passion for startups, innovation and the Sustainable Minds' mission. This position is only open to experienced sales people who know how to develop sales into a growing market. To be considered you must show three or more years of exceeding goal and building new clients. If you don't have that experience, call us when you do.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- Engage customer through the full sales cycle by communicating the benefits of Sustainable Minds software and services.
- Effectively identify and manage opportunity and prospect lists; aggressively seek out additional opportunities.
- Foster excellent customer relations to facilitate up-selling, add-on sales and account retention.
- Prepare weekly activity and accurate forecast reports by keeping Salesforce.com current with leads, opportunities and relevant information.
- Follow-up on leads generated through marketing activities, events, web and affiliate relationships.
- Research and identify target prospects.
- Thorough knowledge of company products/services; attend sales meetings and training sessions.
- Develop deep familiarity with Sustainable Minds business case, use case and services.
- Stays up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitive environment and SM's competitive positioning
- Interact with marketing, finance, operations, customer support, etc.
- Assist with training new sales team members.
- Minimum 3 years experience with proven track record of inside software sales.
- Driven, ambitious, self-motivated with excellent organizational, communication and time management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent phone, writing and customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate software products via the Internet.
- Knowledge of SaaS, manufacturing and product development a huge plus.
- Strong passion for environmental sustainability and ecodesign.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Preferred experience using a CRM/Sales tracking tool.
- BA/BS in business or a technical discipline.
- Primarily work from Kendall Square office in Cambridge, MA with work from home option when self-reliant.
- Commensurate with a growing company, high commission rate plus base and equity
- Optional work from home position; some travel to marketing events as needed.
- Opportunities for advancement after proven abilities.
- Innovative and mission-driven company.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Send: Introduction letter stating how you can help Sustainable Minds with resume to careers-AT-sustainableminds.com