TR creation process & deliverables
Designing greener and marketing greener should be an integrated process.
Sustainable Minds is committed to delivering tools and systems to enable manufacturers to develop, acquire, use and share data & knowledge to create meaningful information that presents the current environmental performance AND enables the future environmental performance to be improved.
Take these steps to create your certified SM Transparency Reports:
- Use an established Product Group Definition (PGD) or develop a new one for your products and submit for approval to Sustainable Minds' Technical Advisory Board (TAB).
- Determine the number of SM Transparency Report(s). This is the decision to market a single product, one product with a variation, 2 distinct products or multiple products in a series. An optional HPD Overview (Health Product Declaration) tab can be added.
- Create your LCA(s) and draft the LCA report(s) following the SM TR Framework Parts A & B. If you need assistance in creating LCAs, Sustainable Minds can provide expert resources to assist. Submit your LCA draft report to NSF for verification.
- Using the SM Transparency Report content creation process, acquire and create the content for the three-page report.
- Submit SM Transparency Reports for certification to NSF Sustainability.
- Market better – SM launches & deploys your report(s) in the SM Manufacturers Showroom.
- Design better – In your SM Eco-concept & LCA Software account, you get your LCA data represented as SM impact factors and CO2 equivalents in your Private Dataset with example product modeling.
More than a report, deliverables include:
SM Transparency Reports
- Strategic marketing & lead generation tool, updatable HTML format – your content not trapped in a PDF
- Reports live in Your Showroom in the SM Manufacturers Showroom, a public destination to showcase your greener products and your brand's commitment to environmental sustainability. Presence for 3 years, drive bi-directional traffic to your websites & social media
- Promotion to the SM community at launch
SM Software & Data
- SM Ecodesign & LCA Software account with 1 user subscription (additional subscriptions purchased separately)
- Your LCA data as SM impact factors in a Private Dataset
- Example product modeling so you can continue to design greener products